Want to become a part of the team at the Wonthaggi Club?
We aim to create the best hospitality and entertainment experience for our members, guest and the community and to achieve this, we look for staff who have the same values as us.
- Being passionate about what we do
- Believing in exceptional and consistent customer service
- Being driven by innovation and excellence
- Having commitment, and supporting and developing our people; and
- We believe in working together to achieve our common goals.
If you are interested in joining the team, you may submit your Resume with a completed Application for Employment to:
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I join the Wonthaggi Club team?
We are always in search of bright, energetic individuals to join our team.
What if there aren’t any current vacancies for roles I’m interested in?
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a copy with our reception team on your next visit.
We will keep your details on file and contact you should any suitable vacancies come up in the future.
Be sure to let us know what role interests you and your availability. Applicants that hold a current RSA, RSG and valid Gaming License are looked upon favourably to join the front of house team.
I’d like further information regarding employment at the Wonthaggi Club who can I contact?
For any information or queries regarding employment please contact us via email email@example.com, call us directly on 5672 1007 or speak with one our reception staff on your next visit.
1 X COMMIS CHEF + 2 X APPRENTICE CHEFS
We operate two Bistros, three Function spaces, and a Lounge bar across two sites in Wonthaggi.
The Commis Chef works under the head chef on a range of day to day items, such as prep, receiving of goods and general kitchen duties.
We are also looking for 2 x Apprentice Chefs to kick start their career in hospitality. Applicants must be willing to work in a face paced environment, with the constant ability and willingness to continually improve to compliment the team.
All positions filled will be required to work at both sites our venue operates in.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
We are looking for the right personality with a relaxed yet professional disposition. Organisational skills and dedication imperative.
- The Commis Chef role comes with the responsibility of aiding the head chef in mentoring a team through meal service, assisting in monitoring stock levels, adherance to safe and effective work practices and procedures.
- The Apprentice Chef role is a role for people with a passion for food and wanting a career in a face paced and highly productive environment.
BOTH roles are of full – time nature and involve nights, weekends, split shifts and public holiday work.
Skills and experience
- The Commis Chef role requires Chef qualification, and will best suit someone with a few years’ experience under their belt in a professional fast paced kitchen.
- The Apprentice chef role requires no qualification, but motivation and commitment are a must.